make.conf FreeBSD 6.2 RC1

Gelsema, P (Patrick) gelsemap at superhero.nl
Sun Nov 19 14:16:26 PST 2006

On Sunday 19 November 2006 23:06, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 10:58:06PM +0100, Gelsema, P (Patrick) - FreeBSD
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've recently installed 6.2-Beta3 and got KDE working with Xorg. As RC1
> > is now released I want to upgrade to this version as I have been
> > witnessing some kernel errors and also want to 'play' with the system.
> >
> > I've installed Xorg and KDE from the ports.
> >
> > I am currently creating a make.conf file which should build the world but
> > nothing more than required. I have come up with the following but I am
> > unsure if certain lines shouldn't be commented out.
> > Such as NO_X. As I have build Xorg from the port, should I not build it
> > with the world?
>
> The only thing in the world that was affected by NO_X was doscmd (per
> the command), but this was removed from the tree some time ago.
>
> In fact, so was the NO_X entry from the example make.conf, so I guess
> you're basing off an old version.

True. I got FreeBSD 5.4 running on another box and used the make.conf as a
starter. I have amended the make.conf file. My err.

What I basically want is a make.conf with just enough to start FreeBSD, with
SSH. Everything else to be installed from ports. Is this feasible? And if
yes, which options are required? Crypto, CCX and OPENSSH? Any pointer in any
direction much appreciated.

Cheers

Patrick