make.conf FreeBSD 6.2 RC1

Gelsema, P (Patrick) - FreeBSD freebsd at superhero.nl
Sun Nov 19 13:58:11 PST 2006

Hi,

I've recently installed 6.2-Beta3 and got KDE working with Xorg. As RC1 is
now released I want to upgrade to this version as I have been witnessing
some kernel errors and also want to 'play' with the system.

I've installed Xorg and KDE from the ports.

I am currently creating a make.conf file which should build the world but
nothing more than required. I have come up with the following but I am
unsure if certain lines shouldn't be commented out.
Such as NO_X. As I have build Xorg from the port, should I not build it
with the world?

Any suggestions are welcome.
Thank and regards,

Patrick

Start of /etc/make.conf
NO_I4B= 	true    # do not build isdn4bsd package
NO_SHAREDOCS=   true    # do not build the 4.4BSD legacy docs
NO_X=           true    # do not compile in XWindows support (e.g. doscmd)
NOGAMES=        true    # do not build games (games/ subdir)
NOINFO=         true    # do not make or install info files
NO_BLUETOOTH=   true    # do not build Bluetooth related stuff
NO_IPFILTER=    true    # do not build IP Filter package
NO_FORTRAN=     true    # do not build g77 and related libraries

COMPAT4X=       yes

NOPROFILE=true
NO_SENDMAIL=true
NO_LPR=true