Modifying gcc34 makefile to compile with java

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Sun Nov 19 09:04:31 PST 2006

Hi Kris. This is a libgcj in gcc issue and have posted to
java at gcc.gnu.org list. I see that there is a similar reference to
something similar on Darwin platform which has FreeBSD roots. It seems
that unwind symbol may be getting introduced into libgcj (so that when
compiled produces the error). I believe this symbol provides support for
libunwind for specific platforms other than FreeBSD. l'll have to track
down the person responsible for the FreeBSD port since they should also
be interested in determining a solution.

Regards,
David