Qmail & Vpopmail From Ports

Rachel Florentine rachel_florentine at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 18 13:50:46 PST 2006

797984----- Original Message ----
From: Peter Thoenen <eol1 at yahoo.com>

> http://dev.qmailrocks.org/qmail/freebsd/109 is your friend.

Well, going to that page led me to this as the authority for vpopmail:

http://dev.qmailrocks.org/qmail/freebsd/vpopmail_std.htm

(I already have qmail working.) That page seems to only offer these two commands as advice (since I've installed vpopmail and qmail from ports):

chown vpopmail:vchkpw ~vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
chmod 6711 ~vpopmail/bin/vchkpw

And, according to the instructions...

If you don't get any errors, then Vpopmail is good to go!

Well, I didn't get any errors, but when I reboot and ps there's no vpopmail :( What do?
TIA,
Rachel