Fwd: solutions for web hosting server

David Robillard david.robillard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 11:41:45 PST 2006

> - ftp server ... I don't really know what to install, proftpd it's good ?

I personnaly switched from proftpd to vsftpd. I find it easier to
configure and is built with security in mind from the ground up. It's
also in the ports tree.

Using vsftpd (or even most other ftp daemons) you can chroot your
users into the root of their public_html site. So that when they
connect to you FTP daemon, they will se the root directory as their
files.

Also enable FTP over SSL to prevent clear-text passwords from going
unencrypted on the web.

Have fun,

David
--