deny of x sessions

Alain G. Fabry alainfabry at belgacom.net
Thu Nov 16 11:16:31 PST 2006

Hey,

I've just installed KDE 4.5.3 on a FreeBSD 6.1 system.

I'm having problem getting an x-window from another PC when I'm connected to that PC via telnet (with ssh -X .... everything works fine)

When I telnet to the other machine and export/setenv my DISPLAY environment towards the display I'm telnetting from, I get the following error.

xterm Xt error: Can't open display: 10.0.0.250:0.0

I've already tried to change the kdmrc by removing the -nolisten tcp or commenting out

ServerArgsLocal=-nolisten tcp

but this does not seem to work either....when I reboot, it even undoes all the changes I've made to the file (as root)

Anybody can give me some advise on what I need to do to accept incoming x11 requests.

x11 packets are received (seen by a tcpdump) but it just does not want to work.

Just for you info, I did not forget the xhost +

Thanks in advance.