Some php files in same directory of working files with same permissions won't process

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 14:30:39 UTC 2006

Hi John,

has this file been edited on another platform, Windows in particular?
I've seen many occasions where people created a script using a windows
text editor, saving it as a windows text file. While most scripting
languages don't care about this, editing a windows text file on a unix
box will eventually break the format of the file (being neither DOS
nor Unix anymore), resulting in strange behaviour sometimes.
(This is just a guess, it happened several times with perl here, so
php might not be affected by this kind of error at all.)

HTH
Christian