Best laptop for Freebsd

Josef Grosch jgrosch at MooseRiver.com
Thu Nov 16 00:19:54 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 11:34:18PM -0800, George Allan wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 08:58:53AM +0300, g wrote:
> > Is there any one model or product that would be better for Freebsd 6
> > (as this is my day in day out operating system).

> > Any experiences and or advise would be much appreciated.
>
> My vote is for Thinkpads.  A quick search of the archives will bear out
> the popularity of that opinion.

I also vote for Thinkpads. My trusty T22 has never failed me. The T43 that
work gave me ran FreeBSD 6.1 like a champ. The only problem I had with the
T43 was the fact it did not have a proper serial port. I was told to use
some silly USB connector which never worked right.

Yeah, a Thinkpad is expensive but they are worth it in the long run.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 6.1
jgrosch at MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | Berkeley, Ca.