xfce4 repair, how to recompile everything?

John Nielsen lists at jnielsen.net
Wed Nov 15 09:02:00 PST 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 11:42, Armin Arh wrote:
> I would like to recompile all of the xfce4 stuff.
>
> Is the ports system offering a solution here?
> maybe something like:
>
> make reinstall IF CATEGORIES IS xfce4

If you use portupgrade, you should be able to do something like:

# portupgrade -fR xfce\*

You can add the -n and -v flags to do a "dry run" and make sure that it's
going to do the right thing. This is the safest bet if you're worried about
any libraries having changed version or location since it will recurse all
the way up the dependency tree to include things like xorg-libraries and
gtk20.

If you don't want to recompile e.g. any part of xorg, add an exclusion or two:

# portupgrade -fR -x xorg\* xfce\*

And if you really want to only rebuild xfce-specific packages, just use a
wildcard and leave out the -R flag:

# portupgrade -f \*xfce\*

Regards,

JN