MAC OS X connection to FreeBSD?

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Tue Nov 14 16:23:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 10:56:17PM -0600, Chuck Remes wrote:

> Also, please recall I said "most software" and not 100% of software.
> I am certain there are outliers that don't compile cleanly on OSX,
> but that hardly proves that OSX is not a good UNIX target. The vast
> majority of software compiles and runs just fine on the latest OSX
> release.

Can't say that I find compiling other's applications on MacOS X any
harder than on FreeBSD (without /usr/ports/ assistance). Only
disappointment has been trying to run FreeBSD-hosted X11 apps using
Apple's X11 server. Apple has updated a couple of times since I last
tried so this isn't an entirely fair comparison.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net