v6 speed compared to previous versions

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Tue Nov 14 07:25:48 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 09:27:47AM +0300, John Smith wrote:
> On 11/14/06, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
> >On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 01:51:49PM -0800, Jeff Mohler wrote:
> >> Fair to say that those tools should be recompiled on a 6 system to
> >> ensure full update-ness?
> >
> >Shouldn't really matter, the relevant changes were in the kernel.
> >
> >Kris
> >

> When was this corrected? Is 6.2 going to be faster than 6.1?

As I said earlier, some of the most important changes that went into
6.0 were fixing performance problems in 5.x.  Since then it's been a
process of polishing and improving, instead of architectural changes.
So 6.2 is expected to be "better" than 6.1 but probably not measurably
faster for general workloads.

> Did the guys port the libthr changes into 6.2 or not?

Dunno what you mean here.

Kris