USB Wireless

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Nov 14 03:57:49 UTC 2006

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:34:52 -0800
Rem P Roberti <remegius at comcast.net> wrote:

> >> correctly identified in the dmesg under ugen0."
> >>

> > can you show the exact info shown please? and more info about the card
> > itself.. (model,etc)
> >
> > thx
> >

> Here is the actual dmesg entry: ugen0: Cisco-Linksys Compact Wireless-G
> USB Adapter, rev 2.00/0.01, addr 2
>
> The model number of the device is WUSB54GC. As indicated, it is made by
> Linksys, and looks just like an ordinary USB jump drive, but bigger.

ok... it seems it uses the Ralink 2570 or similar chipset. Try loading ural.ko
(maybe before plugging the device in). man url shows:

     Linksys WUSB54G v4           USB
     Linksys WUSB54GP v4          USB

.... quite similar... give it a try...

Otherwise,

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Download_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1115417109934&packedargs=sku%3D1134691790190&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

(may have wrapped) has the winxp drivers...maybe you can use NDIS for this?

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; find ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ;
fsck ; umount ; sleep

Warned.