Machine won't reboot

Jay Chandler chandler at chapman.edu
Mon Nov 13 21:46:39 UTC 2006

Howdy.

Have a box that won't restart after I cvsup it and rebuild the OS.
When the 'reboot' command is given, the machine hangs after the
uptime announcement.

Nothing built on the box other than OpenSSH and cvs-without-gui.

The machine in question is a Dell PowerEdge 1950 with dual 3.0 ghz
dual-core procs.  I've turned on options SMB in the kernel before
recompiling, will test to determine if this is relevant.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University
714-628-7249 / chandler at chapman.edu
"Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with /etc/sendmail.cf, "it never
does quite what I want.  I wish Christopher Robin was here." -- Peter
Da Silva in a.s.r.