USB Wireless

Rem P Roberti remegius at comcast.net
Mon Nov 13 20:23:59 UTC 2006

As you can no doubt see, I have been going round and round with trying
to get an old Compaq Presario connected via wireless.  The original
Belkin card that came with the laptop does not seem to be supported.  At
least it does not show up in the handbook under supported devices.
Further, it does not show up at all in the dmesg.  However, I do have a
Linksys USB wirelss adapter that does show up in the USB, correctly
identified in the dmesg under ugen0.  I cannot find any info on wireless
USB devices in the handbook, and am wondering if anyone has had any
success connecting with these wireless adapters.

Rem