Boot from CD

a.brancatelli.mail at sara.it a.brancatelli.mail at sara.it
Mon Nov 13 15:22:08 UTC 2006

   Hello everybody.

   I?m working on a thing    I don?t think I haven?t found
   <   size=
   The situation is pretty simple: I?m conf   server to boot from a SAN thru a QLogic 2340 Fiber    This in general is not a problem as I already have another wo   machine with this solution.

   Now for a couple of reason not   won?t yet _boot_ from the SAN itself but at the same time ha   all the system installed on the SAN. What I need to do is have a boot
   de   everything else
   <
   I thought about accomplishing this with a B   kernel and then from the fstab loads the /, /etc,   the SAN.

   Now my question is this: how do th   fstab (considered that the fstab says whe   mean: I suppose I have to put on the CDROM an exact   that installation?? Or this could be avoided? Also because    need to edit the fstab for the machine without having to reburn the C   D? so what? Or maybe the kernel can actually just be read from the CD
   and t   missing something?
   I?m yet in the make buildworld buildkernel stage so maybe when m   aking the make distribution to create the ISO everything will appear
   cleare

   Any suggestion? Any link to any kind of docum
   Thank you very much.

   Andrea Brancatelli