How to create an e-mail

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Fri Nov 10 18:30:42 UTC 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 07:57:09AM +0200, Luke Lamla wrote:
> Can you please assist me I am using FreeBSD for my e-mail and internet. I
> want to create e-mail using super user (root) for my employees. What should
> I do or which steps should I follow to do that. I will appreciate your
> support immediately.

FreeBSD uses the mailer 'sendmail' by default. You can check the
FreeBSD handbook and 'man sendmail' for information about this. You can
send mail from the command line by using "echo 'msg' | mail -s subject
toadress at example.com -ffromadress at example.com' or use a mailer like
Mutt.

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.

Howtos based on my personal use, including information about
setting up a firewall and creating traffic graphs with MRTG
http://alex.kruijff.org/FreeBSD/