Install error - MOD_LOAD (amr_linux, 0xffffffff806205d0, 0) error 6

tecol tecol at monobath.com
Fri Nov 10 07:07:11 UTC 2006

I updated the BIOS and that got me past the problem. I had 0403 BIOS
before, and updated it to 1001 version. I am now able to continue with
installation of FreeBSD.

Updating my BIOS seemed like it would be difficult. I have no floppy
drive on that system. Fortunately, I was able to use the dd command from
my linux system to copy the DRDOS system from bootdisk.com to a USB pen
drive, copy my new BIOS ROM code to it and the ASUS flash utility. Then
change the BIOS setup on the target system to force my USB drive to be
recognized as a FDD drive, change boot order to make the USB drive
first, and boot into DOS off my USB drive to update the BIOS. That was
interesting.