periodic, short freezes

Zbigniew Szalbot zbyszek at szalbot.homedns.org
Thu Nov 9 22:30:13 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> How do you know the entire system is freezing instead of just the tty?
> :) If you have e.g. heavy disk write activity then the syncer will
> grab Giant while flushing periodically and delay other things that
> require Giant, like serial terminals.

I do not think that's the case. I have another box that works as a mail
relay server that passes messages for exim under FBSD. Now when the freeze
occurs, I check the relay server and it cannot connect to the FBSD box
(both are on the same lan). That's why I think it is a general box freeze
and not just a tty problem.

Thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot