access-lists and QoS implementation

Mark cvrider at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 18:32:19 UTC 2006

I would like to use my FreeBSD box as an ip router,
yet it lacks some functionality seen in Cisco boxes. I
am looking for a way to create access lists and also
do QoS such as LLQ, priority queing, etc. How can this
be accomplished in FreeBSD? Also, is there a FreeBSD
implementation of NBAR to classify traffic based on
higher layer packet information? For example, I would
like to allocate 20% bandwidth on an egress interface
to traffic matching an ACL or a certain protocol.

Thanks
Mark