phpmyadmin 2.9.0.3 depends on php5 5.2.0

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 15:13:27 UTC 2006

Niek wrote:
> I am trying to install phpmyadmin 2.9.0.3 from ports. Although
> php5-5.1.6 + extensions is installed, the script tries to install
> php5-5.2.0. How can one avoid this? I don't see an option in the Makefile.

Hmmm... you'ld run into the same problem with any PHP web app I think.
phpMyAdmin depends on various php modules (pcre, mysql, gd, etc.) and
those are actually in different locations on the hard drive between
php-5.1.6 and php-5.2.0, so the ports dependency testing stuff won't be
satisfied by the presence of the 5.1.6 module -- it will be looking in
the location where the 5.2.0 module should be installed.

About the only thing I can think of is to use the 'date' feature of
cvsup and grab a copy of the ports tree after the last update to
phpMyAdmin but before php-5.2.0 went in.  If you read
csup(1) or cvsup(1) man page it's explained in there.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       Flat 3
                                                      7 Priory Courtyard