periodic, short freezes

Zbigniew Szalbot zbyszek at szalbot.homedns.org
Thu Nov 9 08:12:09 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am running FBSD 6-1 stable with custom kernel. Occasionally I experience
short freezes - that is the machine stops to respond for a few seconds and
then happily starts to work again.

My general question is what log should I inspect or what debugging to turn
on to have some more info on what really happens? It does seem to happen
under bigger load (something like over 1) but I am not really sure if that
is the cause. Yesterday it ran for three hours with an average load
of over 2 and there was no freeze.

Many thanks in advance for guiding me in troubleshooting the issue.

--
Zbigniew Szalbot