Installing FreeBSD

Peo Nilsson per-olof.nilsson at comhem.se
Tue Nov 7 17:50:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 13:42 -0500, Nathan Vidican wrote:
> Peo Nilsson wrote:
> > Next I will download FreeBSD 6.1 Release again, this time from another

1) Have now downloaded 6.1R again (didn´t have the iso´s left on hd).
2) Burnt them with both k3b and Nautilus.
3) Installed the "k3b" version.
=> Same story as before.
4) Installed the "nautilus" version.
=> Same story as before.

k3b checks the md5 sum before writing. Before burning with k3b I ckecked
it myself with md5sum and it was ok. This check was ofcource also done
before I burnt the disks with nautilus.

One thing I didn´t mention before though...
When booting with 6.1R CD1, on the FreeBSD boot menu I can only
choose SAFEMODE. If I choose another (preferable the default)
I get this output:

<snip>
panic: pmap_mapdev: Couldn´t alloc kernel virtual memory.
Uptime 1s

Press a key to reboot
<snip>

I GIVE UP!

6.2beta3 does work, I´ll wait until the "full" version of 6.2 is out...

Thanks for the support though!