Questions on first-time installation

Bob Schwartz bob at bschwartz.com
Tue Nov 7 16:23:17 UTC 2006

>>That's a safe bet, from the standpoint of the Windows installations, but
it can cause grief if you try to plug everything back in.  I've had problems
with the BIOS moving drives around, then FreeBSD can't figure out which
drive it should be mounting off.  I'm not saying it's a bad idea, all I'm
saying is that it might not produce a long-term usable installation.<<

That was my intuitive sense too, hence, my question.

Thanks for confirming it.

Bob Schwartz
This communication, including any attachments or enclosures, may contain
information that is (1) legally privileged, (2) confidential, (3)
proprietary and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, you may not disclose, print, copy or disseminate this information.
If you have received this in error, please reply and notify the sender only
and immediately delete this information beyond recovery if it has been
received into a computer system and also destroy by shredding if it has been
printed on paper. Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of
federal criminal law.