Install error - MOD_LOAD (amr_linux, 0xffffffff806205d0, 0) error 6

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Nov 7 13:41:12 UTC 2006

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 20:43:25 -0600
tecol <tecol at monobath.com> wrote:

> I tried to install the AMD64 build of FreeBSD 6.1.  Very early in the
> installation right after the Timecounter messages, I get this MOD_LOAD
> error 6 and the system hangs:
>
> Timecounter "TSC" frequency 2011163535 Hz quality 800
> 2 Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec
> module_register_init:  MOD_LOAD (amr_linux, 0xffffffff806205d0, 0) error 6

have you tried booting in safe mode?

have you tried entering the bootloader command prompt and tell it not to load
the amr_linux (and possibly amr itself) ?

I imagine either of both approaches will leave you without access to your RAID
controller, but you can then test by loading it by hand and seeing if you can
reproduce,etc....

btw, what model of raid card do you have? (it may be useful...)

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Do not take away the camels hump, you may be stopping him from being a camel.

Warned.