php5 issue

Joerg Pernfuss elessar at bsdforen.de
Mon Nov 6 19:45:29 UTC 2006

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 11:59:21 -0700
cpghost <cpghost at cordula.ws> wrote:

> Michael S wrote:
> > Thanks Mathew,
> >
> > I realized that, after having posted the question. I
> > find it kind of weird that the default was not to
> > install the module.

I find it kind of weird that people click right through
`make config' without reading it.

> Perhaps to reduce build dependencies? Not everyone has Apache
> installed and php-[f]cgi is also useful quite useful with lighttpd.

It probably makes the dynamic dependency on the installed apache
version easier, don't know. php-fcgi works ;)

	Joerg
--
| /"\   ASCII ribbon   |  GnuPG Key ID | e86d b753 3deb e749 6c3a |
| \ / campaign against |    0xbbcaad24 | 5706 1f7d 6cfd bbca ad24 |