accessing BIOS and RAID info on old Compaqs

Brown, Steve Steve at nurserysupplies.com
Mon Nov 6 16:39:57 UTC 2006

dn,

1. You probably already know this but technically, you should have started with the Compaq Smart Start CDs.  There's a Unix option on there too but I've never used it so I'm not sure what the difference is specifically (never loaded BSD or Linux on those).  This would have taken you through the process of setting the system clock, configuring the RAID array(s), etc.

2. If there are BSD/Linux tools available, you should be able to d/l them from HP or they may be on the Compaq CDs.

BTW, you say you don't have the CDs for *all* the machines in question.  In my experience with our since retired ProLiant 5500s, 1850s, ML330s, and ML350s, I've found that they can all use (and work the best with) the newer CD I have which is "Compaq SmartStart for Servers - Release 5.0".  These systems are a couple years different in age and I think the older ones shipped with "Compaq SmartStart for Servers - Release 4.60" at the earliest.

If you want to try the CD and need one, I can ftp the .iso to you.

Steve