firefox2

Andriy Babiy ABabiy at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 6 07:21:23 UTC 2006

On Sunday 05 November 2006 16:44, you wrote:
> On 11/5/06, Andriy Babiy <ABabiy at shaw.ca> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I wanted to thank to everyone who advised me on how to avoid "firefox2
> > core dump" issue.
> > The version of nspr was the lastest.
> > When I disabled an optimization flags in make.conf, re-compiled the
> > kernel, and "portupgrade -f firefox", I got Firefox running with no
> > problem. If someone else has a similar issue, keep it in mind. For some
> > reason, "-mtune=" and "-march=" flags caused the problem.
>
> What -march= flags did you use?

CPUTYPE=i686
-O2 -mcpu=i686 -march=i686 -mtune=i686

I had the kernel compiled with those flags and used it for a while with no
problem. Actually, I am not sure: maybe, I could leave the kernel compiled
with the flags and just re-compile firefox2 without them, or vice versa. I
got tired of re-building the port, so I just disabled the flags everywhere,
and it resulted in firefox2 running properly.
When the flags were enabled, I got an error while portupgrading firefox, but
the build didn't fail because if this error. I can't remember exactly; it was
something like "Chrome build failed, core dumped..."; firefox was built
though, but didn't work.