mountroot

justin justins at justnosweat.net
Sun Nov 5 21:09:16 UTC 2006

Hello,

I`m trying to boot my freebsd 5.5 system and i`m having some trouble.
Every time the machine boots it runs into the mountroot prompt.
It cannot find the rootvp file on the /dev/ad0s1a.
Everytime i try to mount the /dev/ad0s1a it gives me the mountroot prompt
again.
also i tryed to type ufs:/dev/ad0s1a but nothing happens.
i presume the ad0s1a is my harddisk, i find it strange it will not mount.
The computer finds the hard drive at boot time so what`s the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Justin.