Running Beryl on FreeBSD

Ion-Mihai IOnut Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 5 18:38:38 UTC 2006

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:58:02 -0500
Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie at outstep.com> wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> I am new to FreeBSD after using various versions (Fedora 5, Gentoo,
> Mandrake) of Linux for many years and from my research seems to
> suggest that FreeBSD is faster, more stable, in general better than
> Linux or Solaris.
>
> I am interested on wanting to know if anyone has been able to get the
> XGL/Beryl running on FreeBSD and if so then is there a Howto that
> might help me as I also have an nVidia Ge Force 5200 graphics card as
> well.
>
> Thanks and have a good day,

This might help:
http://blog.xbsd.org/2006/11/01/finally-beryl-on-freebsd/

The only solution is ... a balance of power.  We arm our side with
exactly that much more.  A balance of power -- the trickiest, most
difficult, dirtiest game of them all.  But the only one that preserves
both sides.
		-- Kirk, "A Private Little War", stardate 4211.8