Installing FreeBSD

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sun Nov 5 14:56:11 UTC 2006

Peo Nilsson wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 13:55 -0600, Chris wrote:
>
>> The easy answer? Install GAG http://gag.sourceforge.net/
>
> Thanks for trying to help me.
> It didn´t work though...
> Gag46 booted Suse Linux just fine but when it came to
> FreeBSD 6.1 Release it was the same result as before.
> (dumped regs...)
>
> Amazing though, even Microsoft Ms Dos 6.1 can install...
> Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

At this point - I feel you have a failed install and or broken FBSD. The
WD 80 gig drive should be of zero issue. I use 2 WD SATA 80 gigger w/out
issues.
If your drive is partitioned correctly - GAG will and does boot it well.

My bootup is similar except the fact that I use 2 drives and not one
that is partitioned (eventhough I have done the same just recently on 1
WD 80 gig split up in 2 40 gig parts for Windows and FBSD).

As mentioned many times in this list, seek the handbook for dual booting.

--
Best regards,
Chris

To err is human -- to blame it on someone else is
even more human.