FreeBSD 6.1 rebooting all the time

Duane Hill d.hill at yournetplus.com
Fri Nov 3 21:14:11 UTC 2006

I just installed 6.1 on a new laptop (Dell XPS M1210). It has a 2Ghz
Intel Core2 Duo processor and two gigs ram. Every time it gets to the
part in the bootup where you have to type a bunch of random junk it goes
into a reboot. It's not an abrupt reboot. FreeBSD does show it is
initiating the reboot. This is the error that is reported right before
the reboot happens:

   panic: driver error: busdma dflt_lock called
   cpuid = 1
   Uptime: 12s
   Cannot dump. No dump device defined
   Automatic reboot in 15 seconds -b fe0: link state changed to DOWN

Does anyone know what I can do at this point?