ISO files...

Denise and Raul lucydes at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 3 03:28:04 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have ISO files saved on cd's.
1) 6.1-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso
2) 6.1-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso
3) 6.1-RELEASE-i386-disc2.iso

I'm gathering that I need to extract files/data/etc. from the ISO files.
What utility do I use?

Do I need a separate cd as boot media with information extracted from
the first file above? Do I need to just copy the boot image on to a
floppy and just have it install the remainder of the files. The cd drive
that I have on the machine I'm planning to install linux is not cdrom
burner. So if a solution is to use something like dd to extract
information and then copy back to the cdrom, I may not be able to do it.

I already have an old version of (I believe) RedHat. Can I just run
sysinstall off the floppy which will in turn access the cdrom drive in
order to install the remainder of files? If so where can I get
sysinstall from?

Bottom line, I'm stuck with these iso files and no apparent install
media. Any guidelines would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Raul