Changing cd durin install....

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Thu Nov 2 10:51:10 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 16:09, Jonathan Horne wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 November 2006 18:13, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> > On Wednesday 01 November 2006 14:49, Agus wrote:
> > > Hi...while installing freebsd, and adding some packages, i am asked to
> > > insert disc 2 to add the pkg, then to insert disc one to add other pkg,
> > > then disc 2 again to add other pkg..on and on...Is there a way  to only
> > > insert the discs one time, instead of changing them like 10 times?
> > >
> > > Thanxsss
> >
> > If you have the box online you might find it easier to grab the packages
> > from the server. That will also get you the latest version.
> >
> > You can either go to /sysinstall or use pkg_add. The man has the details
> > on how to do it.
> >
> > Beech

> this page looks prety good:
> http://www.pa.msu.edu/~tigner/bsddvd.html
>
> i was going to try it, so i went to my favorite mirror to download the
> 6.2-PRERELEASE's so i could try it out... and:
>
> ncftp ...SD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/6.2 > ls
> CHECKSUM.MD5          CHECKSUM.SHA256
>
> aint no files there!!  *butterlies in my stomache* WHAT COULD THIS POSSIBLY
> MEAN???   :D
>
> cheers,
> jonathan

I don't know of any official ISO's of 6.2-PRERELEASE. I just installed it on a
couple of my machines, but I'm tracking the RELENG_6 branch of the sources
and building it myself. Right now 6.2-PRERELEASE is the 6-STABLE sources. So
unless you can find someone who took a recent snapshot and built a release,
you're going to have to build it yourself. The last snapshot on the FreeBSD
FTP server is 6.2-BETA3. Personally, I only use the ISO's for an initial
install and update / build from there. The handbook is very detailed about
the process.

Beech
Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise Travel
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com