portuguese keymap

zzz daniel.leal at netvisao.pt
Wed Nov 1 13:03:21 UTC 2006

Hi all.

I am portuguese and I am having some problems with some portuguese characters.
I have freebsd 6.1-stable running on my desktop and linux fedora on my laptop.

For example, in fedora I can write the following characters either in X or
console (I dont know if you can read it well):
ç Ç ã á à é í ê

I just would like to be able to write all portuguese characters in freebsd
(inside and outside X) like in fedora.
I can do it for example in firefox inside X. But not in all apps.
This is bad for me, because I want to use my freebsd to backup other systems
in may network and there are many files that have this characters in the
name. Like this my freebsd simple ignore this files during backup!

Can someone help me to solve this problem?

Thank you all.

Daniel.

My rc.conf has the following line:
keymap="pt.iso.acc"