Firefox, TrueType, Windows Fonts

Angelin Lalev lalev at sv-bg.com
Wed May 31 14:12:59 PDT 2006

I'm not certain to even ask the right question here, but
here I go.

Apparently, there are certain web pages that require specifically
Arial and look like sh*th on Firefox. Since there is no Arial
on FreeBSD and since I'm aware of the copyright and patent issues
which prevent copying and displaying (correctly) Arial and other
TTF fonts from Windows boxes, I was wandering is there a way to make
firefox choose Helvetica instead of Arial and say Times New Roman
instead of Tahoma and so on ...
The Fonts dialog on Firefox seem to only address the choice of
default Serif, Sans-Serif and Monospace fonts.