Using Flash on FreeBSD [Fwd: Macromedia Customer Service Request [8564611]]

Don Hinton don.hinton at vanderbilt.edu
Wed May 31 11:36:03 PDT 2006

Hi:

When trying to upgrade Flash, I ran into the following in the UPDATING file:

20060408:
  AFFECTS: users of www/linux-flashplugin*
  AUTHOR: hrs at FreeBSD.org

  These ports have been removed because the End User License Agreement
  explicitly forbids to run the Flash Player on FreeBSD.
  For more details, see
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/license/desktop/.

So I contacted Adobe, see below, and according to the customer service rep,
Astrid C. Villanueva, there is not problem with using Flash on FreeBSD, it's
just not supported.

Therefore, would it be possible to add it back to the ports?

thanks...
don