getting alerts about system upgrades

Andrew McNaughton andrew at scoop.co.nz
Wed May 31 04:22:31 PDT 2006

portaudit gives me alerts when security issues arise in installed ports,
and portversion keeps me abreast of less critical updates.  It's a whole
lot easier than the old situation of tracking the security lists every
day.

Is there a comparably easy way to track available and critical upgrades
for the FreeBSD core?

It'd be nice if the nightly reports would just tell me if a new patch
comes available for the particular RELENG_X_Y branch that I'm on,
preferably with just a little info to help me assess how rapidly I need to
respond.

Are there tools for this?

Andrew

Andrew McNaughton           http://www.scoop.co.nz/
andrew at scoop.co.nz          Mobile: +61 422 753 792
                             pgp keyid: 1C7A8CFD
--
"We are trying to figure out how you conduct a war against something
other than a nation-state and how ... you conduct a war in countries