pkg_upgrade?

Joe dev at freedomcircle.net
Tue May 30 13:51:21 PDT 2006

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 07:42:43PM -0400, Joe wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've read the documentation and it seems there's no pkg_upgrade or
>> pkg_update, or a way to install an updated/upgraded package.  I'd like
>> to determine if that is indeed the case.
>
> portupgrade -P or -PP

OK, since I had upgraded to 6.1-RELEASE, I used portsnap to get the
ports, then I used pkg_add -r to get portupgrade and then, as a test ran

  portupgrade -PP expat

It failed to update expat however, because it kept looking in the
6.0-RELEASE paths.  I presume this is because even though the binary
upgrade of the base to 6.1 went well, uname, etc., think I still have a
6.0 machine.  So where is the *real* version id stored and how can it be
(should it be?) safely modified?

Joe