Missing devs...

Aren Olvalde Tyr aren.tyr at gawab.com
Mon May 29 14:16:22 PDT 2006

Hi

On Sunday 28 May 2006 21:42, Anders Troback wrote:

> In my usbd.conf I have:
>
> device "Sony Ericsson W810i"
>    devname "umass[0-9]+"
>    vendor  0x0fce
>    product 0xe042
>    attach "sleep 5 ; /sbin/mount -t msdos /dev/da1 /mnt ; /etc/rc.d/devfs
> restart"
>
> As I said, this works for me but it seams to be a bit stupid that this
> kind of workaround is needed...

Yes, indeed. I was thinking about doing a similar workaround, but surely there
must be a better way of doing this. We need a way for mount to automatically
probe the device for filesystems first before attempting to mount the slice.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Just out of interest, during bootup, what command is executed to probe the
devices? If I put a memory card in my reader before booting the system up,
the filesystem slices on the card are detected, the device node[s] are
created and I can mount it straight away.

This is the command I want, rather than having to run a mount command that we
know will fail just to create the nodes.

Aren.