Sharing /usr/local/www

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Sun May 28 06:41:11 PDT 2006

On Saturday 27 May 2006 01:12, Kyrre Nygard wrote:

>> Yeah I hear a lot of people like CVS.
>>
>>But I fail to realize how it might assist me though.
>>
>>I'm not setting up a code repository, this is an actual WWW root
>>where a lot of different websites are hosted.
>>
>>Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong.

CVS is a version control system.  It's often used to control software
development, but can be used to control any kind of text(*) document
development.

--Alex

(*) You can store "binary" files as well, but it is less efficient when
they change as it cannot keep diffs, just complete changed files.  OK
for reasonable sized gifs/jpegs etc.