Script to organize passwd and group

Atom Powers atom.powers at gmail.com
Sat May 27 12:28:45 PDT 2006

On 5/27/06, Kyrre Nygard <kyrreny at broadpark.no> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I was wondering if anybody out there share the same need as I do
> to better organize /etc/passwd and /etc/group.

I've never considered this necissary. I consider the passwd, group
files to be fairly "black box" lists. I almost never edit them
manually, that's what the system scripts are for; like 'pw'. And once
you move to a more abstract user management system, like a directory
service, you really have no need to order the lists.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--