Problems booting operating system and with root password

Miguel mmiranda at 123.com.sv
Fri May 26 13:31:07 PDT 2006

Andy Greenwood wrote:

> I don't know what you mean by kernel errors on boot, but you can
> recover your root password by booting into single user mode and then
> running passwd.

Hi, i have a similar problem, i forgot my root password and the server
its in a remote colocation site, is there a way to recover the encrypted
password and crackit some way, i have my normal account (which is in
wheel group), i even know that the root's pass begings with
MAG_"something", but i really cant remember the complete root's pass,
rebooting in single user mode is my best bet?

---