Anyone using sysutils/nut ?

Mikhail Goriachev mikhailg at webanoide.org
Thu May 25 08:55:09 PDT 2006

Mikhail Goriachev wrote:
>>> Oh, I see the dilemma now. In my case my box powers off but the UPS
>>> stays on till it drastically dies (if power is still unavailable).
>>> You're trying to shutdown both the system and the UPS, aren't you?
>>>
>> 	Exactly, yes.
>>> So
>>> then they can automatically come back up again when power returns.
>>>
>> 	That what I want to do, yea.
>>
>> 	I think I'm finding that the UPS I bought (MGE Ellipse Pulsar)
>> isn't really a UPS, but a toy.  Now to decide if I give the next step up
>> (Evolution) a try or is it just wasting more money.
>

> I got an MGE Pulsar EXtreme C 3200. In current setup it lasts for hours.
> When deployed, my main objective was to shutdown the box, hence saving
> it from disasters. I never considered doing the same with the UPS. I
> guess it is time for me to finish the job.

How unlucky. I can't get my UPS to power off:

$/usr/local/libexec/nut/upsdrvctl shutdown
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.3
Network UPS Tools - MGE UPS SYSTEMS/SHUT driver 0.65 (2.0.3)
Unable to get Report Descriptor
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Mikhail.

--
Mikhail Goriachev
Webanoide

Telephone: +61 (0)3 62252501
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)4 38255158
E-Mail: mikhailg at webanoide.org
Web: http://www.webanoide.org

PGP Key ID: 0x4E148A3B
PGP Key Fingerprint: D96B 7C14 79A5 8824 B99D 9562 F50E 2F5D 4E14 8A3B