firefox with flash and java!

Marwan Sultan dead_line at hotmail.com
Wed May 24 05:31:55 PDT 2006

Hello Beto,

Thank you for the replay,
Would you please kindly tell me where is the instruction written on which
web? for future
refrence.

Second:
You wrote that i should "add" the line /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6 to
/usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/run-mozilla.sh  take a note that its
linux-flashplugin7 not 6
6 is not supported anymore. is it correct then?

Whats the way to add the line, i have done the following is it correct ?
MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins:/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins:/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7

Or it should be only MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7    ??

Third and last:
  After i did the past steps i tried to run firefox and i opened a page that
contain flash
  then firefox crushed with an error
  /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/pluginwrapper/flash7.so: undefined
symbol "_dlsym"

  So i proced to your last step and I did
  # cd /usr/src
  # patch < rtld_dlsym_hack.diff
  # cd libexec/rtld-elf
  # make rtld

  Till here everything was Ok! when i tried to do "make install"
  it gave me an error..
  # make install
chflags noschg /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
install -s -o root -g wheel -m 555  -C -b -fschg -S ld-elf.so.1 /libexec
install: ld-elf.so.1: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf.

Sorry for the long email, wish i got the help.
And thank you.

Marwan