Implementing IMAP advice for first timer

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Tue May 23 23:55:35 PDT 2006

On May 23, 2006, at 11:14 PM, Olivier Nicole wrote:

>> Installing it from ports (/usr/ports/mail/courier-imap) is pretty
>> straightforward, and most settings can be left at the default, at
>> least
>
> True, except...
>
> Courrier-imap is using maildir mailboxes, so unless the existing
> system already uses maildir, there will be some disturbance at the
> conversion time.

Can be done very minimally.  When we converted from mbox to maildir
(coincidentally to courier) about 4 years ago we just did it in the
middle of the night and had a script that converted the mbox to
maildir (found on a qmail site) and it went fast and quick and mail
access was turned off for only a short time...

Probably less of a hassle then moving to cyrus but my experience with
cyrus was long ago

Chad