Implementing IMAP advice for first timer

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Tue May 23 20:50:58 PDT 2006

On May 23, 2006, at 9:37 PM, Olivier Nicole wrote:

>> 4) I don’t completely understand how local mail delivery will
>> change – is there a good tutorial about this subject?
>
> IMAP does not interract with mail delivery. Once mail is delivered
> into your mailbox, IMAP allows you to read it.

This is not exactly true.  If you switch to Cyrus from something
else, you will have to  make sure that your mail is delivered to
Cyrus instead if however it was being done before (local mbox or
maildir for example).  I have not run Cyrus in many years but they
had their own delivery agent that your local mail agent (mda/mta like
sendmail, exim, etc) would hand off to.  Has this changed or does it
still work that way?

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC