(no subject)

zimmermanjj at alltel.net zimmermanjj at alltel.net
Tue May 23 06:41:12 PDT 2006

Hi.  I want to transparently scan incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) for viruses and spam on FreeBSD 6.0 RELEASE.  This software needs to sit in stream between the client and the server, and should be able to use ClamAV and Spamassassin (or has its own filtering capabilities, or other type of filtering input).  I believe this would be called a proxy.  I have searched through the ports collection extensively and found a port called p3scan.  p3scan is exactly what I want, but it uses the compat3x library which is marked forbidden.  Does anyone know of an actively-supported and reliable open source tool that will do this?  Or does anyone have a better solution besides proxying?