FreeBSD 6.1 laptop with wireless internet

Ivan "Rambius" Ivanov rambiusparkisanius at gmail.com
Mon May 22 17:22:04 PDT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

I have a laptop with FreeBSD 6.1 on it and it is working fine. I
recently received a card for wireless internet; it is in fact a
Verizon Wireless PC5740 card and I am wondering if I can set it up on
my FreeBSD laptop.

I googled about it and I found [1] mentioning about some configuration
in the kernel. I also checked the wireless network section in the
Handbook, but I did not make any progress. Could you give me some
hints and advice about this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards
Rambius

P.S. I verified that the card is really working on a Windows laptop.

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-February/077555.html

--
Tangra Mega Rock: http://www.radiotangra.com