Missing devs...

Anders Troback freebsd at troback.com
Mon May 22 14:07:56 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm new to this list so bare with me!

I have some problems with a USB device with a built in memory card. The
problem is that when I attach the device new devs are created
under /dev; da0 and da1. There are a FAT file system on the card so I
want da1s1 but there are no dev with that name.

So if I do:
mount -t msdos /dev/da1s1 /mnt

I get:
mount_msdosfs: /dev/da1s1: No such file or directory

But if I do:
mount -t msdos /dev/da1 /mnt

I get:
mount_msdosfs: /dev/da1: Invalid argument

And now I do a:
mount -t msdos /dev/da1s1 /mnt

Now it's working! The dev da1s1 are there and I'm happy:-)

So now to my question! How do I avoid this dual mounting?

Thanks for listening!!!

Anders Trobäck
Sweden

How many Microsoft employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, they declare darkness a new standard.