cleaning off unix/linux????

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sun May 21 13:41:45 PDT 2006

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 07:21:23PM -0500, Charles Howse wrote:

> On May 20, 2006, at 6:46 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
>
> >	Gang,
> >
> >	A 40G drive that I thought was bad (when trying to install W2K
> >	on the drive) may be entirely good.  I am trying to avoid having
> >	to buy a DOS/Win platform.  I've had both W2K and FBSD or Ubuntu
> >	on this one machine.  For various reasons I need one DOS machine.
> >	(Already have 7 or 8 *Nix servers.)   The Windows 2000
> >	"Professional" CD find some other non-Windows partition and
> >	press "D" and "L" as I will, the installation CD keeps
> >	complaining.  Eventually I have to hit F3 to quit.  So, nutshell,
> >	is there any way I can completely remove any trace of *Nix?
> >	-----I remember having a DOS floppy and typing an undocumented
> >	MBR \ command that wiped the drive clean of this boot record,
> >	but this was [mumble] years ago.
> >
> >	thanks for any tips, y'all,
> >
> >	gary
>
> Looking for delpart.exe?  I've used it, it'll do the trick.
> http://www.russelltexas.com/delpart.htm

	Your suggestion would do the trick except that I cannot get
	any W2K installed.  That's the problem.  So I'm stuck between
	the rational (unix) and the imbecilic (guess).

	Too bad there isn't some unix/linux port, hopefully floppy-sized
	that will boot just enough DOS to use delpart.exe.

	Maybe FreeDOS has a boot floppy?  Ahnybody here know?

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix